Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Washer update

Monday I had a plumber come over to look at the washer. He was not able to take the panel apart to get to the "guts" of the machine. He was going to call one of his buddies and see if they could help.

Tuesday, no phone call. I called and left a voicemail for the plumber.

Wednesday I received a voicemail from the plumber. He could not get ahold of his buddy but one of the guys he works with gave him the number of someone who repairs washers and he leaves the number on my voicemail. I call this guy and does not travel to the east valley. I talk to him for about 5 minutes. He pretty much tells me good luck finding someone on this side of town who will do an honest job and says most people will charge $60-70 to come take a look at the problem and then over estimate the job because they do not want to do the work only collect the service fee. He asked what the problem is, I tell him and his recommendation is to let the detergent dry out inside the panel for about a week, turn the washer setting to small load, see if it fills correctly, spins, etc. If so problem solved, if not start calling to find a repairman. He then ends the call, ok good bye. Great!! Hope his solution works.

3 comments:

Paula said...

Oy!

hope it's workin'!

Kim Thomas said...

That's exactly what I was going to say.

Queen B said...

o.....m.....g

does not travel to east valley? what the heck?!