Sunday, March 8, 2009

My trip to the laundromat


Yesterday I went to put some towels in the washer. When I opened the door to where the washer is there was laundry detergent down the front of the washer and dryer. It is a stackable set and the detergent bottle I bought last week was too big so I laid it on its side to fit in the closet.


Big mistake!!

I turned on the washer and it sounded funny when it started to fill, it then started smoking. I turned the washer off and then turned it on again. This time I was not able to turn if off and it overfilled and went all over the kitchen and started going into the living room. I ran outside to turn the water off. I had to use 10 towels to soak up all the water and the took all the water out of the washer with a cup and pitcher:( I called the plumber who replaced my bathroom sink about 6 months ago and he said to call him on monday to set up an appointment, one of the guys he works with can come look at it. I am hoping it is only a part that needs to be replaced and not the entire washer and dryer.


I had to wash the towels so I took them to the laundromat today. At least the place I went had a tv, I watched about an hour of Pirates of the Carribean. Yes, there is a fish tank in the wall at the laundry.

6 comments:

Secreteeyore said...

Every laundromat that I have been to has been an experience that has led me to want to carry a concealed weapon. Your place looks like a palace....

Paula said...

yikes! I always hated going to the laundrymat...but mine never looked like that!

Kim Thomas said...

You didn't pull the plug? LOL

Jane said...

Damn panel

Andrea said...

That is one fancy laundromat. I have one on practically ever corner around my apartment and I personally would be scared to use any of them.

i hope things work out with the washer/dryer....

Queen B said...

wow. I have not been in a laundromat in forever!