Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Thirty Days of Thankful - Day 20

This post is in reference to the church service I attended this past weekend. We are still in the series "In God we Trust" and the topic was priorities. Pastor Chad spoke about being materialistic. I like nice things but most people do, I also like to buy things for my friends. His talk was about financial security. What we think we own is just on loan. "Have you ever seen a herse pulling a Uhaul? You can't take it with you."

Five main points:
1. Remember God is my source - he gives you the ability to produce wealth
2. Honor God first - God is the only thing that will not change
3. Save money wisely - Give first, Save second and live on the rest
4. Know where it goes - budget
5. Commit it all to God - Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed. Proverbs 16:3

3 comments:

Sara said...

I always like the phrase that your heart goes where your money goes. It seems true to me!

Andrea said...

Very important and wise things to remember....I need to set aside some time to do my budget again, and really mean it. Thanks for the reminder.

Kim Thomas said...

Good one