Friday, December 9, 2011

Tourist



The toy soldiers at FAO Schwartz are so nice, I wanted a picture with them but did not get one. This store is huge, three stories. I got a dalmation sugar cookie and red velvet cupcake from the bakery inside. The Big Piano was great and the so were the Lego sculptures. Drove past Central Park on the way there, did not get out to look around, it was raining really hard Wednesday afternoon. We left the toy store and I tried to hail a cab to no success, every car showed off duty or had a passenger. I had been successful the first tow times getting a cab but not now. Decided to walk back to the hotel since we had our umbrellas and the app on Nicole's phone said the walking directions would take us 20 minutes. An hour later we end up back at the hotel, my feet are soaked since I could not help to step in a huge puddle, people everyone walking in the rain and they don't care if they poke your eye out with their umbrella.
Thursday Nicole and I bought tickets at the hotel to go to the 86th fl of the Empire State Building. The lady failed to tell us there is a 2.5 hour wait to get up there. It was 11am and Carlos was coming to pick us up at 2:30pm to go to the airport for our 5:40pm flight. The tickets do not have an expiration date on them so hopefully I can use this next time I go. I decided to walk down to 5th Avenue and see some more stores. I went in Macy's and oh my it is the largest store ever!

3 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

What an awesome trip! Someday I will make it to New York!

Sara said...

cupcake! mmmmmmm

Jane said...

Looks like an awesome time