Friday, December 9, 2011

9/11 Memorial


I had been looking foward to going to the memorial, this was probably my favorite part of the trip. It is amazing to see all the progress that has been made since that horrible day 10 years ago. We went here Wednesday, 12/7, the rain was coming down steady all day. If you plan on going you need to reserve your ticket online, you cannot just walk up and get in. I was disappointed to learn the musuem does not open until September 2012, definitely have to go back. I had watched a special on the history channel about the artifacts being collected for the museum and wanted to see everything especially the Fire Engine from Station 3. When I saw a fire truck or ambulance going thru the city this week I could only imagine the fear people had on that tragic day. It makes you thankful for your friends and family. The second picture is of two forks that were found in the destruction from the North Tower, the front of the museum was designed so they could be seen from all angles. From the outside if you look up at this building it is designed to look like you were looking up at the World Trade Center.

3 comments:

Kim Thomas said...

Awesome pictures! I want to go see this.

Sara said...

nice to see the progress, but amazing how long it has taken! thanks for sharing the update. it's been nearly 10 years now, since I was standing there.

Jane said...

I want to see this one