Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Good tip

To turn off Geo-tagging for your photos on your cellphone camera here is a link that shows you how. http://icanstalku.com/how.php#disable

I checked the setting on my phone and this was already turned off. There was a segment on the news the other day telling how people can track your photos. For example you post a pic of your new flat screen tv, which has your home address associated with it, next you post a pic at a restaurant...if someone is watching they can determine you are not home and this would be a good time rob you.

4 comments:

Jason said...

or you could marry someone that stays at home all day so when you upload a geotagged photo and the robbers go to your house they go, 'oh, wait. someone's here' and they leave all confused and sad.

Jane said...

Oh the uses of this

Andrea said...

And this is why I 1. try not to post that I'm off somewhere (not that I stick hard and fast to that rule) and 2. I never really leave my house anymore...ah the 'joy' of working from home.

Kim Thomas said...

Or they could check your Facebook status