Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Random Thoughts of the Day - Email from Rachel

* I wish Google Maps had an "Avoid Ghetto" routing option.
* Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.
* Have you ever been walking down the street and realized thatyou're going in the complete opposite direction of where you are supposed to be going? But instead of just turning a 180 and walking back in thedirection from which you came, you have to first do something like check your watch or phone or make a grand arm gesture and mutter to yourself to ensure that no one in the surrounding area thinks you're crazy by randomly switching directions on the sidewalk.
* Do you remember when you were a kid, playing Nintendo and it wouldn't work? You take the cartridge out, blow in it and that would magically fix the problem. Every kid in America did that, but how did we all know how to fix the problem? There was no internet or message boards or FAQ's. We just figured it out. Today's kids are soft.
* How the hell are you supposed to fold a fitted sheet?
* I would rather try to carry 10 plastic grocery bags in each handthan take 2 trips to bring my groceries in.
* How many times is it appropriate to say "What?" before you just nod and smile because you still didn't hear what they said?
* I love the sense of camaraderie when an entire line of cars teamsup to prevent a jerk from cutting in at the front. Stay strong:)
* MapQuest really needs to start their directions on #5. Pretty sureI know how to get out of my neighborhood.

6 comments:

Jane said...

Fold a fitted sheet. Im with you on that one. Why bother?

Andrea said...

This is hysterical.... I agree with all! (Especially carrying all of the bags in one trip!(

Paula said...

This was a great laugh!
Craig once told me the fact that I could fold a fitted sheet is one of the reasons he married me.

Queen B said...

ha! got this one from my mom and LOVED it :)

Paula - I'd marry you for that ;)

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrea said...

How is it that you have completely opened my mind and pulled these out? Especially, the one where I'm walking the wrong direction...I'll actually walk around the block and way out of my way just so the strangers on the street won't realize that I'm lost.