Friday, November 28, 2008

Deep Frying a Turkey














This is the first time Ruben had deep fried a turkey. It came out great, tastes like fried chicken. Here are a few pics of the guys, the turkey, and the carving of one of the turkeys. It would not be Thanksgiving if Ethel and Toni did not start a fire with the marshmellows on top of the sweet potatoes, I did not get a picture of this since we were too busy laughing at them as they tried to pull the pan(while still on fire) out of the oven.

4 comments:

Queen B said...

heehee. the chef got a big puff of smoke coming out of the oven along with the sweet potatoes at our house :) I keep telling him that the marshmallows are best a little burnt :)

Kim Thomas said...

This is great! The yams always catch on fire. One of the reasons I hate marshmellows

Paula said...

I have never heard or seen this yam/marshmallow phenomenon!

Ann said...

My marshmallows never catch on fire! :)

Sounds like a great turkey day! I LOVE deep fried turkey! Mmmmmmm!