Sunday, June 30, 2013

The Kingdom

Yesterday was the third sermon on "The Kingdom". I really enjoy the two lead pastors taking turns to present the messages from the Bible. Chad spoke about the Kingdom of God is not just a destination that I go after I die, but a relationship with God made available to me while I live. The church is not a building you go to but a gathering of people who speak about the teaching of Jesus. You are the church. I like the examples provided in each sermon for example if you are fighting with your spouse(example given)instead of continuing to argue with one another how about stop and pray. Jesus does not take sides he takes over. Romans 12:21 "Do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good". Other words of wisdom: Proclaimation leads to demonstration and Right creeds always lead to right deeds.

If interested in listening to the series:
http://www.sunvalleycc.com/resources/sermon-media/