Monday, December 27, 2010

What I did today

The weather in Albuquerque was great for this time of year. Clear skies for three days and no snow. On the fourth day it was overcast but still no rain or snow. This is a good thing and I thought would mean no flight delays. I had a flight at 3:30pm so I arrived at the airport at 1:40pm. I already knew the flight was going to be delayed until 4:45pm per the airlines website. I sat in the airport for 6 hours and finally flew standby on a 7:30pm flight, my original flight was scheduled to now depart at 8:25pm. The last two hours I talked to three flight attendants waiting for their flight. I did not know they do not get paid while their are sitting and waiting, one good thing they do not have to do expense reports for their travel, can you imagine what a mess that would be.

1 comment:

Kim Thomas said...

UGH....6 hours in the airport. So sorry, this is terrible.