Monday, December 21, 2009

Tamales

I love this time of year, tamale season:) Sandi's mom made red tamales yesterday with a little help from the hubby and today her sister came over to help make the green tamales. Some people, I found out, have never heard of green tamales(Steve). The green are my favorite, especially since they are made with Hatch chile from New Mexico. I went over to sample them today and of course they were delicious! There was also chesse enchiladas for lunch/dinner and homemade cookies.
My plate looks messy after I took the tamales out of the ohas(husks). Top is the cheese enchiladas, to the left the red tamales(made with pork) and the green to the right(made with corn).

5 comments:

Queen B said...

LOVE tamales

KFuj said...

That's what we are doing today at my mom house!! We have 28 dz red with pork so far.. now we are starting green chili and cheese, then sweets.

Andrea said...

YUMMY!! I wish I knew somebody who made tamales!! It has been a long long time since I've had one.

Jane said...

Yummy!!!!

Kim Thomas said...

Making them is the best part!