Monday, January 12, 2009

They're back!








Walking thru Walmart I saw I saw these on the end cap in the toy department. Cabbage Patch kids are celebrating their 25th anniversary.

"Known the world over as the birthplace of the "hand-stitched" Original Cabbage Patch Kids, BabyLand General Hospital is a very real place. You will find BabyLand General Hospital 75 miles northeast of Atlanta off of U.S. 129 in Cleveland, Georgia. Admission is free. In the virtual world, your BabyLand General Hospital tour is just one click away...Click Here."

The "kids" I had looked similar to the ones above but had green and blue eyes.

5 comments:

Andrea said...

Lucky (?) me... we've been there! It also happens to be only 30 miles from the Braun house. And with a five year old daughter it was high on someone's list of places to go.

http://whohasmorefun.blogspot.com/2007/03/cleveland-ga-home-of-cabbage-patch-doll.html

Queen B said...

bought my niece a Care Bear for Christmas...they were next to the Cabbage Patch Kids.

Kim Thomas said...

I changed the name of mine to the name of my favorite teacher: Annette Cerise

Andrea said...

I never had a Cabbage Patch kid, as I was slightly past the doll age when they came out (yes, I really am THAT much older then all the rest of you). Maybe I'll get one now....

Jane said...

I had one named Irene Laura with a giraffe on her bib. My parents bought on a trip to Germany because there weren't any in the US.

Too bad ebay didnt exist back then. Buying a few more could have paid for the trip